FOX News has released its criteria for entry into the South Carolina Republican Party debate on May 5th, announced Michael Clemente, Senior Vice President of News for the network.
In making the announcement, Clemente said, “Every potential debate candidate must meet all six steps of the following criteria no later than 5 PM/ET on Friday April 29th in order to be eligible for participation in the debate.”
Criteria for entry are as follows:
• Must register a presidential exploratory committee or have announced a formal campaign for president; and
• Must file all necessary paperwork with the Federal Elections Commission (FEC); and
• Must file all necessary paperwork with the South Carolina Republican Party; and
• Must have paid all federal and South Carolina filing fees; and
• Must meet all U.S. Constitutional requirements; and
• Must have garnered at least an average of one percent in five national polls based on most recent polling leading up to April 29th, 2011
In December, FOX News and the South Carolina Republican Party announced they would present two presidential debates. The initial debate will take place on May 5th at the Peace Center in Greenville, South Carolina. The second debate will be held in 2012 prior to the South Carolina primary at a location to be determined.
The debates are currently scheduled to be presented live and exclusively on FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX News Radio, FOX News Mobile and FOXNews.com.
FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour general news service covering breaking news as well as political, business and entertainment news. For over 100 consecutive months, FNC has been the most-watched cable news channel in the country. Owned by News Corp., FNC is available in more than 90 million homes.
# # #
FOX News Media Relations Contacts: